The service supports governing bodies to make strategic and operational improvements in relation to school governance.
It is delivered in three elements: core (optionally including complaints management), clerking, and training.
Summary of the service
- Advice to Headteachers, Chairs and governors on matters of procedure, legal requirements etc.
- Distribution of agendas and supporting papers within the statutory framework.
- Preparation of termly draft agenda and briefing papers on key issues of policy and practice affecting governing bodies.
- Publication of a termly governors newsletter and training programme.
Benefits of the service
- Services are provided by highly trained and experienced staff.
- To support schools with statutory compliance, the governance service will ensure that appropriate updated and new legislation, statutory guidance, central government and council procedure guidelines is shared with schools in a timely manner through termly agendas e.g. ‘The constitution of governing bodies of maintained schools – September 2016’ and ‘The School Governance (Roles, Procedures and Allowances) (England) Regulations 2013 – January 2014’.
- High quality advice, training and clerking support the efficiency and effectiveness of the whole governing body: effective governing bodies provide the best support to schools in raising pupil achievement.
The benefits I get from the governance service level agreement are immeasurable. The staff provide a friendly and efficient service where nothing is too much trouble. The Clerking Service is invaluable, as is the advice I have received in the years I have been Chair. Chair of Governors – Voluntary Aided Primary School
- Our core service level agreement provides governing bodies with access to professional advice and expertise to keep up to date with changes in governance regulations and to support their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Our professional dedicated clerking service provides high quality advice on legal procedures together with a set of minutes.
- Our training programme offers a wide variety of courses delivered by professionals.
- Complaints management.
- Training and support with complaints management, guidance for schools and governing bodies and help to development and review complaint policies.
- Where requested by school, advice and / or attendance at school governing body complaints panels to support and advise on the management of the panel.
- Where required, support to develop action plans to manage individual serious or complex complaints.
As a Headteacher I have always found both the formal and informal support offered by the complaints team to be of the highest standard. They have where required offered carefully considered advice and I have found this service to be an invaluable resource for the school. Headteacher, Secondary School
What do we expect from you?
- A realistic time frame in which to provide any element of the service.
- The Business Support Service – Governors have a statutory duty to ensure that governors receive their agenda papers at least seven days prior to the date of the full governing body meeting, and therefore will require the relevant paper work from schools no later than fourteen days before the date of the meeting to ensure that this requirement is met.
- To be kept informed of membership details of the governing body.
- To complete an annual skills audit for individual governors and share areas for development for your governing body.
- Monitoring and feedback on the services that are provided.
- To actively promote governor vacancies.
A vital aid in helping the school to progress. Our Clerk is a font of all knowledge. A valuable resource which is extremely professional, reliable and dependable. We would be at a loss without governance support. Thank you. Headteacher – Voluntary Aided Primary School
Service Levels and Costs 2017-18
|Advice to headteachers, Chairs and governors on matters of procedure, legal requirements etc|
|Distribution of agenda and supporting papers to all governors within the statutory time frame|
|Maintenance of a central database of all governors;|
|Review when governors’ terms of office is coming to an end and take appropriate action;|
|Maintain governors’ records of attendance, taking necessary action as required including informing absent governors of the date and time of next meeting;|
|Marketing and Communication to recruit new governors;|
|Maintain a list of prospective governors which schools can access;|
|Prepare termly draft agendas and provide termly briefing papers on key issues of policy and practice affecting governing bodies|
|Publication of a termly governors’ newsletter including details of the training courses available|
|Support termly Chairs briefing and access to supporting information;|
|Support termly Link Governor Network Meetings and access to supporting information;|
|Actively promote governor vacancies;|
|Support for new Chairs & governors;|
|Recruit Local Leaders of Governance.|
|Complaints Management Option||£310 (Primary) or £410 (Secondary)|
|Training, support and advice, including written guidance for schools and governing bodies in respect of responding to complaints and representations. Support with production of, review and update of the complaints procedure.|
|Information made available to schools and governors via intranet and internet links, governing body newsletters and briefings|
|Support and advice in respect of managing and responding to serious or complex complaints|
|Where requested by school, advice and / or attendance at school governing body complaints panels to support and advise on the management of the panel|
|Quarterly monitoring of school complaint referrals in respect of school complaints received by the Local Authority (on request)|
|Governor training/briefing sessions in respect of responding to complaints as required. Induction training session for new governors|
|Support where requested, individual briefing sessions in respect of managing and responding to complaints for individual school staff teams and governing bodies|
|Where required, support to develop action plans to manage individual serious or complex complaints|
|Arrange for a representative of the Clerking and Advisory Service to attend full governing body meetings to offer advice on legal procedures and good practice.|
|Clerks to take accurate notes from which to prepare the minutes (a maximum of six meetings per financial year) which will be circulated to the headteacher and Chair for any correction and approval.|
|Check all governing body minutes for compliance with statutory requirements and arrange for any follow-up work from meetings to be undertaken.|
|Clerk to communicate up to date information from Oldham Council.|
|Training and development||£31 per governor|
|Provision of central training and development programme and online booking facility. www.oldham.gov.uk/governortrainingprogramme|
|Reports to schools regarding governors attending.|
|Provision of whole governing body or cluster training events as required|
|New governor induction training.|
|Provision of training resources.|
|Provide access to self-training events.|
|Modern Governor On-line training||£131|
|Access to Modern Governor a leading national provider of online professional development for governors and trustees in maintained schools, academies and free schools.|
|Professional development is aimed at improving governing body performance, providing induction for new members and to keep governors on top of the changing educational landscape.|
|Governors can access at any time engaging and interactive e-learning modules designed to work on smartphones, tablets and desktops.|
|From their evaluations, 99% of governors would recommend Modern Governor to their fellow governors and trustees.|
To order any service, select an option below.
When you have included all of the services you require, complete the checkout process by providing your contact details. We will then contact you to confirm the order and arrange billing.
(Please note that you do not need an existing account log-in to place an order)
Clerking£848.00 Add to cart
Core Service£1,460.00 Add to cart
Core with complaints management£1,770.00–£1,870.00 Select options
Modern Governor Online Training£131.00 Add to cart
Training – nursery / infant / junior / primary schools – A to M£270.00–£510.00 Select options
Training – nursery / infant / junior / primary schools – N to Z£300.00–£540.00 Select options
Training – secondary£360.00–£600.00 Select options
Our School has used the Oldham Governor Support Service for many years and have always found the levels of support and expertise to be excellent. Whenever any Governor has questions or requires assistance enquiries are always handled extremely promptly by the knowledgeable staff. Training courses are of a very high standard with excellent trainers and very good support materials. We utilise the Clerking Service where our Clerk is always highly professional, courteous and of great assistance in ensuring the smooth running of the Governing Body. Chair of Governors – Primary School