Oldham Council will use its best endeavours to safeguard the privacy of its website visitors. This notice explains the website data processing practices of Oldham Council.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
In order to place an order we require you to register your name, e-mail address and postal address. We will also collect information from you if you complete any other forms on our site.
If you choose to complete any of our on-line forms, Oldham Council will not use the personal information you provide us with for marketing purposes unless we clearly ask for your consent to do so.
We may pass your details on to third party service providers who are contracted to Oldham Council in the course of dealing with your request. These third parties are obliged to keep your details securely and will use them only to fulfill the request and will dispose of the details when the request is complete.
We collect web statistics automatically about your visit to our site. This information is used to help us follow browsing preferences on our site so that we can regularly improve our website. These statistics do not contain personal data and cannot be traced back to an individual.
Cookies enhance your experience using our website and help to personalise the service you receive.
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser will provide further information.
There are a number of different browsers and different versions of each browser which all act in different ways. You can visit www.aboutcookies.org which provides information on how to delete and control cookies across a wide variety of browsers, including stopping cookies being stored, enabling session cookies and deleting cookies if they have already been stored. You will also find information for managing cookies stored on your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to manage cookies on the browser of your mobile phone you will find further information in your handset manual.
Site cookies used on oldhamservices.co.uk
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the website.
1) To keep track of shopping cart data, we make use of 3 cookies:
The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and helps us know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
2) We use Google Analytics to collect statistical data about our visitors. We collect this information in a way that does not identify you and the data is not shared with anybody else.
- __utma Keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.
- __utmb Records moment in time when a visitor enters a site and expires at the end of the session.
- __utmc Records moment in time when a visitor leaves a site and expires after 30 minutes.
- __utmz Keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on and what keyword was used.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
If you are still looking for more information then please visit https://www.oldham.gov.uk/dataprotection