The Oldham Council Insurance team provides high quality insurance advice and claims management assistance to local authority schools.
The team ensures each school is treated individually and that every school has the appropriate insurance arrangements in place.
Summary of service
The Council provides a number of centrally held policies:
- Property (Fire and Special Perils) Insurance.
- Employers Liability insurance.
- Public Liability insurance.
- Money insurance.
- Engineering Inspection and Insurance.
In relation to Motor insurance, fleet management will invoice schools based on the number of vehicles held per school.
The insurance service also offers a number of additional policies, these are optional policies at the discretion of each school and their governing body, however these are strongly recommended by the authority.
Following negotiations with the insurers competitive rates are available to cover the following insurance policies;
- Balance of risks insurance.
- Fidelity Guarantee insurance.
- Personal accident to children.
- Personal accident to governors.
- School journey insurance.
- Hirer’s liability.
- P.T.A liability.
Benefits of the service
- Negotiated contracts at competitive rates for both centrally held and optional insurance covers.
- Claims handling service including; dealing on the schools behalf with contractors, loss adjusters, claims handlers and where necessary solicitors.
- Provision of professional advice on risk management issues and specific insurance requirements.
- The service is provided by trained, experienced and DBS (formerly CRB) checked staff.
- In the event of an insurance claim the insurance team works with the school to minimise disruption and reduces your workload, we ensure the school is kept up to date at all times.
- A comprehensive, one-stop approach ensures advice is available within office hours and a 24 hour contact is available for emergency situations.
To get a quote or discuss your needs telephone:
Anne Handley – Risk and Insurance Officer
0161 770 4935
Joanne Monks – Risk and Insurance Officer
0161 770 4801