Occupational Health is about the effect of work on health, and the effect of health on work.
It plays a vital role in helping you care for and understand the needs of your employees and as your employees are your most precious asset it makes sense to take the best care of them.
This approach enables schools to reduce sickness absence levels, optimise staff performance and morale as well as meet legal requirements.
Summary of the service
Our Occupational Health providers are committed to providing robust high quality responsive and customer focused services. Each service is delivered by professionally qualified individuals who provide a wide range of services relating to employee health, well-being and workplace management such as core occupational health services, counselling, online factsheets/advice and the option to access physiotherapy.
Benefits of the service
The service will assist schools to reduce absence, increase staff retention and improve productivity and assist schools to understand and comply with Health and Safety legislation by providing:
– An Officer who will act as the liaison officer in respect of contract management.
– Professional Occupational Health advice including:
- Assistance in rehabilitation and medical intervention programmes, such as counselling and physiotherapy.
- Disability related adjustments.
- Ill health retirement issues.
– Access to core Occupational Health services including:
- Placement assessments to assess individuals suitability / compatibility to work taking account of any previous illness.
- Management referrals and follow up health interviews for absence management.
- Clear concise reports from occupational health provider.
- Management Review Meetings.
- Medical health surveillance.
- Maintenance of health records.
– The option to access to physiotherapy treatments within 48hrs.
– Direct access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (24 hr per day, 365 days per year)
– Advice and support service:
- Solicitors, financial advisors and other professionals which covers legal, financial, family / marital, health and addiction issues.
- Face to face or telephone counselling.
- access via telephone to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Our current Occupational Health provision is delivered by Health Management Limited, who provide services for many organisations and their employees both in the private and public sector.
Our current EAP provider is Health Assured, the leading provider in the UK dealing with many of the UK’s leading organisations across private, public and non-profit sectors.
Our current Physiotherapy provider Dave Roberts, is known as ‘physio to the stars’ treating stars such as Jason Orange from Take That, Paddy McGuiness, Sarah Lancashire, Freddie Flintoff, Ian Botham and Mike Atherton to name but a few.
Telephone Sarah Bell on 0161 770 5032
or email using the form below:
The council primarily use your data for handling your query.
All information is processed in accordance with our organisational data protection policy (www.oldham.gov.uk/dataprotection).
We never sell your data to third parties or use it for marketing purposes without your consent.